It's because BBC Player is recognising your IP address (the numerical address every device on the internet has) as being outside that country or you are using a public VPN.
Please try the following which should resolve the issue:
- Close and reopen your web browser
- Restart your Wi-Fi router
- If you're using a public Wi-Fi network, this may route your connection overseas. Please try again later using a different network
- Disable any web accelerator or a VPN you are using. If we detect you're using a VPN you will not be able to view programmes, as we cannot be confident of the location of the end user.
- Confirm with your internet service provider that your IP address is registered in the correct country
If the issue is still not resolved please submit a request.